New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland has two inpatient patient units. Each has a team of rehabilitation professionals trained to meet the specialized needs of patients in that unit.
All rooms have individual patient bureaus, personal wardrobe closets, a bedside television and telephone. The TV, which includes access to a movie channel, and the telephone, which may be used to make local calls, are provided free of charge.
On each unit there is a therapeutic gymnasium. Along with all the specialized equipment needed for therapy, some gymnasiums include full kitchen and bathroom so patients can practice activities of daily living.
Each patient unit has a sunny day room area where patients and their families may relax or visit with one another. Visitors are also welcome to frequent our full service ground floor cafeteria.
- High-Speed Internet Access: Fast, reliable access to the internet and email is available in all common areas and in patient rooms.
- Television: Two color television sets are in each patient room, equipped with their own remote control and speaker so as not to disturb your roommate. Closed caption television is available upon request.
- Cafeteria: NERHP has a full service cafeteria located on the ground floor. Vending machines are also available across from the cafeteria. Our cafeteria is open from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on weekends.
- Spiritual Care: Spiritual care is provided to our families through the Volunteer Department. This department coordinates interfaith services as an integral component in the care for the whole person while a patient at NERHP. NERHP's spiritual care services include visitations and religious services. Both a chaplain and pastoral care volunteer are available for visitations.
- Pet visitation: NERHP has a pet visitation policy.
- Mail: Mail sent to you during your stay will be delivered to your room Monday through Friday.
- Flowers: Flowers, fruit baskets, etc. are delivered to the lobby desk and then delivered to your room.
- Newspapers: The local daily newspaper is sold in vending machines on the ground floor in the outside lobby. Free special interest publications are available on stands throughout the hospital.
For more information, see our FAQs